Lemon, Pea and Mint Risotto
Our Chicken Bone Broth is famous for making incredible risotto. This little beauty is one of our all time favourites, great any time of the year. Remember a good risotto takes time, so enjoy the process and maybe even a glass of wine while you're at it!
- Course - Starter/Main
- Cuisine - Italian
- Keywords - Chicken Bone Broth, Risotto, Time and Love
- Prep time - 20 minutes
- Cook time - 60 minutes
- Total time - 80 minutes
- Servings - 2-3
- Author - The Little Bone Broth Company
1. First things first, get your Chicken Broth into a saucepan over a low heat. When we add the broth to the risotto it needs to be hot.
2. Next add the olive oil and butter to a flat bottomed pan and place over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and stir slowly until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the arborio rice and lightly toast, stirring to make sure it gets coated with olive oil. This will take about 4 minutes, just make sure it doesn't turn brown.
4. If you are adding white wine, now is the time. Pour in and let it bubble away for a minute or so, this burns off the alcohol.
5. Now we start adding the broth, 1 ladle at a time. Pour in and stir with a wooden spoon gently until all the liquid is gone, then add another ladle of broth. Keep repeating these steps until all the broth has been added. Stirring the whole time will give you a beautiful, creamy risotto.
6. Stir in the parmesan cheese and frozen peas along with the lemon zest. Let it sit for a couple of minutes and then throw in the fresh mint, salt and pepper and another knob of butter. Stir to combine, check the seasoning and adjust if required and serve.