The Best Gravy Recipe Ever
A good roast meal is a great roast meal if you nail the gravy. This one is easy, fool proof and will impress for sure! For roast beef just swap out our Chicken Bone Broth for Beef. Any left overs can be frozen and reheated without losing any flavour.
For a Gluten Free option cut the flour and just leave on the heat for longer until the gravy thickens naturally.
- Prep time - 10 minutes
- Cook time - 30 minutes
- Total time - 40 minutes
- Servings - 6-8
- Author - The Little Bone Broth Company
1. Roughly chop the carrots, celery and onions, no need to peel.
2. Scatter in the base of a roasting pan that can also go on your stove top.
3. Add the bay leaves and then place your chicken on top of the veges.
4. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and a good amount of olive oil.
5. Place in the oven and cook as you normally would a roast chicken.
6. When it’s ready pick the chicken up with tongs and let all the juices run out and into the pan.
7. Cover with tin foil and a tea towel and leave to rest.
8. Put the roasting pan onto a low heat on the stove top and with a potato masher give the veges a good mashing.
9. Make sure your heat is not to high or they will catch. Next add a good slug of dry white wine to deglaze the pan.
10. Let it bubble for two minutes to burn off the alcohol and use a spoon to scrape everything up off the bottom of the pan.
11. Sprinkle two tablespoons of plain flour across the pan and stir for two minutes to let the flour cook out.
12. Next add your Bone Broth and continue to stir until well mixed and starting to thicken.
13. Now just leave the gravy to reduce slowly. You can add extra bone or water and keep reducing until you have the desired thickness.
14. If adding water, try and use the water you boiled the other veges for the roast meal in for extra flavour.
15. Taste and season well with salt and pepper then strain into a warm jug to serve.